We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Men with Kids may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Now is the absolute best time of the year to get outdoors and start drone flying. Below we have compiled a list of the best drones that you can find on the market today. Each one of them is a very capable and fun machine.
There are many things to keep in mind when choosing a new drone, especially if you’re new to this super cool technology. Price and durability obviously still matter, but drones these days come with a wide variety of accessories and features to get the most out of your new machine for what you need. Their upload speed, remote control range, battery life, GPS functionality, and picture quality are just some of the features you need to compare when shopping for a modern drone.
Oh, and if you’re looking for a great deal on a drone, you might want to check out Capital One Shopping first and see all the deals and discounts Capital One Shopping has on Drones!
So let’s get down into the Top 7 drones for summer.
The SNAPTAIN SP500 is one of the best drones for beginners and is a great option for those looking to get into the drone market.
Features like HD 1080p picture, 5G WiFi transmission and GPS auto turn, it’s hard to beat this as a beginner drone.
- Control Distance: 720FT
- Maximum Flight Relative Height: 394FT
- Drone Battery: 7.4V 1000mAh (rechargeable)
- Modular Battery：2 Li-Po Battery
- Charge Time: About 2.5 H
- Flight Time: About 15 Mins
- Video Resolution: 1080P
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro is one of the top of the line drones due to the powerful and ultra-high quality camera. With a crystal clear 4K resolution video quality, you won’t find a better image quality anywhere else.
The Pro V2.0 can reach a max speed of 45 mph and has a max flight distance of 11 miles. The onboard camera features a 1-inch 20MP CMOS sensor and a mechanical shutter. On top of this, the Phantom features:
- 3-axis motorized gimbal and a 1-inch 20MP CMOS sensor with a mechanical shutter
- The standard controller features a smartphone holder
- 1080p live streaming and automatic frequency switching thanks to OcuSync 2.0
- Intelligent Flight Modes such as TapFly, ActiveTrack, Draw mode, Gesture mode, and more
DJI is arguably the best drone manufacturer in the business. The Drone is one of their best selling models thanks to offering a wide variety of features for a reasonable price. The DJI Spark Drone is a great choice for beginners and experts alike. It’s a beast of a drone that you’ll definitely have a lot of fun flying.
- Max Speed of 50 km/h or 31mph
- Transmission Distance of 30m / 98ft
- 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor and stabilized 1080p
- 16 min flight time
- “ActiveTrack” system helps you stay on target
- Responds to hand and arm gestures
- Can perform a variety of tricks and aerobatic maneuvers
This drone is a great budget drone that still manages to be crammed in with many great features. While most of the T25’s functionality are related to the GPS and the camera lens, it still gives you a huge amount of control when flying this thing through the air.
- High quality remote control
- 1080p HD camera lens with highly adjustable angles
- Automatic “Follow Me” function
- Camera is stabilized during wind and high speeds thanks to a 9-axis gyro
- Create your own custom flight paths
- Comes with a durable aluminum carrying case
- Control from up to 1000 feet away
The Mavic Air Drone looks like a machine from the future. Its extremely sleek design and very high quality camera make it a fantastic option for anyone who wants to experience the power of drones on the upper end of things.
- Foldable design for portability
- Environmental sensing in 3 Directions
- 4K and HDR camera
- 21 min flight time
- Lightweight design of only 0.98 pounds
- Storage can be upgraded with a micro SD Card
- Take slow motion videos in 120 frames per second
- Magnesium alloy casing for durability and optimal aerodynamics
- Max speed of 68.4 km/h or 42mph
The HS100 makes our list as one of the best drones on the market for having some very awesome features at a lower price, such as 3D and VR compatibility. It also has one of the coolest looking and most comfortable to use remote controls we’ve ever seen included in a drone set.
- 120 degree FOV Wi-fi Camera
- Automatic return-to-home Function when battery is low
- Can be used with 3D and Virtual Reality headsets
- Max transmission distance of 500 meters
- Orientation and flight path control are very intuitive and easy to learn
Once again we have to give credit to DJI on our list of the best drones out on the market today. The Mavic 2 Pro is an absolute behemoth of a drone with its excellent range, maneuverability, and great picture quality. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a more technologically impressive consumer drone than this one.
- 20 megapixels camera
- 4K and HDR compatible
- 8 km or 5 miles video transmission
- Foldable and portable design
- 40 Mbps download speed
- 31 min flight time
- Very low input latency
- 72 km/h or 45mph max speed
- Omnidirectional environmental sensing
Now that we’ve reached the end of our list of the top 5 drones out on the market, it’s time to crown a winner. All of these drones are great at something, whether it be unique apps or a great price for its value. However, we undeniably have to say that the DJI Mavic 2 Pro totally overshadows the rest of the competition with its endless features and incredibly high quality camera. If you can afford it then you’ll no doubt love using this marvel of modern tech.
Looking for more summer gear! Check these out, they will make your summer!
Capital One Shopping compensates us when you get the Capital One Shopping extension using the links provided.