We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Men with Kids may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
If you’re a workout or nutrition junkie, you’re probably well aware of the benefits of protein smoothies. Even if you’re a newcomer though, one of these protein smoothie recipes is bound to tantalize your taste buds and give you a deliciously refreshing drink along the way. If you’re not a fan of protein powder, follow along with the tutorial to make of these 4 Healthy Smoothies That Are to Die For. Keep reading for some simple protein smoothie recipes with powder!
Lean and Green
This is one of the best protein shakes recipes to lose weight. With the help of fiber-rich leafy greens, you’ll enjoy this refreshing green smoothie and hopefully shed some pounds in the process.
- ¼ cup of unsweetened apple juice
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choosing
- ¼ cup of spinach
- ½ avocado
- 1 frozen banana, preferably ripe
- 1 chopped apple
To make this smoothie, simply blend all ingredients until you’ve reached the desired consistency. Make sure you put down your liquid before placing in avocado or protein powder—this will make your blender easier to clean after you’re done and more well-mixed as a whole.
Chocolate Coffee Protein Smoothie
Need a buzz? This is one of the best protein smoothie recipes with powder that’ll keep you wide awake in the morning. Pick up your protein from a high-quality source like Bodybuilding.com.
- 1 banana, preferably frozen
- ¼ cup of cold brew coffee, or ½ cup of chilled black coffee
- 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup of milk or almond milk
This smoothie can also be remixed with a scoop of peanut butter for some extra flair and protein. Try to use unsalted natural peanut butter for a more nutritious blend. If you’re a chocolate fiend, try out this Easy, Quick, and Healthy 4 Ingredients Protein Brownies.
Berry Delicious Protein Smoothie
Berries are a great natural source of antioxidants which makes them a perfect pairing in protein smoothie recipes. This delicious drink looks as good as it tastes with its purple-ish hue.
- 1 cup of yogurt, preferably Greek
- 3 cups of mixed frozen berries
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
This recipe can be replicated with many different types of fruit according to your personal tastes. For a sweeter smoothie, add in a touch of agave or honey.
Classic Strawberry and Banana
One of the most classic smoothie combinations is strawberry and banana. This is one of the best protein smoothie recipes for beginners with its familiar taste and nutrient-packed blend.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp of Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of protein powder
This super simple smoothie recipe blends easily and makes a deliciously refreshing smoothie you can enjoy all year round.
Supplies to Have on Hand:
Here are a couple of supplies you might want to have on hand to create these delicious protein smoothie recipes.
- Fresh Ingredients: No smoothie is complete without fresh fruit or ingredients. Stock up your fridge with produce from Farm Fresh To You. Note that you aren’t just limited to fruit with your recipes. Though most of these recipes are fruit-based, spinach and other leafy greens can make great bases for smoothies. Get creative with your combinations!
- Protein: These protein smoothies can all be made using your protein powder of choice. You can get protein powders from places like Pharmaca or Designer Protein. Note that you can usually choose between vanilla and chocolate protein powder depending on your preferences.
- A High-quality Blender: It goes without saying that to make delicious smoothies, you’ll need a great blender. We recommend companies like Vitamix or Blendtec, they offer some of the best blenders on the market. You’ll also want a great water bottle or to-go cup from Klean Kanteen so that you can keep your smoothie cool and contained while out and about.
Furthermore, having a great blender is especially important for crafting protein smoothies since the regular use of protein powder can be challenging for a typical blender. Plus, it’s a great investment if you plan on using it every day.
Need More Inspiration?
Are these smoothie recipes simply not cutting it? If you’re not finding inspiration but still want something juice-related, Pressed Juicery will surely inspire your delicious drink concoctions.
Hopefully, this guide brought you one step closer to crafting the protein-packed smoothie of your dreams. Have fun crafting delicious smoothie blends that will benefit your health in the process. If you interested in reading more about protein powder, checkout Protein Powder Facts to Help You Bulk Up This Season!