We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Men with Kids may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Going to the gym is a no-brainer. The obvious health benefits and resulting confidence boost are essential for many people. But not everyone always has the time to make a special trip to the gym several times per week. That’s where the at-home gym equipment really comes in handy.
Being able to hop into another room in your own house for a quick workout is super convenient. Having a home gym is totally worth it, so if you’re looking into making a mini-fitness center in your own home, check out our list below of the best options available. Each of these kinds of home workout equipment will keep you in excellent shape within the comfort of your own house.
For all our yogis out there who enjoy doing yoga, there are a few thing you can get from Gaiam when it comes to equipment! If you’re looking to create a yoga routine, check out Yoga Class Plan and Yoga Download for awesome online yoga classes at little to no cost!
If you are looking to add some protein into the mix, we highly recommend checking out BodyBuilding.com for all your protein needs! Protein is a great addition to the gym, that many often overlook!
- Great for one-handed or two-handed exercises
- High quality iron will last for years
- Will improve tone of biceps and shoulder muscles
- Great for squatting, swings, twists, lifting and a large variety of other exercises
- Can be used for low or high-resistance training exercises
- We recommend getting a few for your gym based on your lift able weight
If you’re looking to get in shape, a great way to get in shape is by streaming world-class workouts on-demand with Openfit. Openfit can help simplify and personalize workouts that fit your needs! Check Openfit out and start a free trial!
- Rowing machines are fantastic for nearly every muscle group in the body
- Provides a great cardio workout during longer/more intense sessions at the gym
- Abs, shoulders, calves, glutes and many other parts of the body will be toned and defined
- Eight different levels of resistance intensity to customize your workout session
- Comfortable padding allows for optimal posture
- Easily stow away when not in use
- Exercise bikes are great for your heart and for losing weight
- Eight levels of resistance and tension allows you to control the intensity of your exercise
- Pedals come with foot straps to increase effectiveness and security
- Angled seat is padded so you can do indoor cycling in a very comfortable position
- LCD screen records your speed, time, distance and burned calories
If you are looking to learn a few yoga poses, go on over to Yoga Class Plan, they have amazing yoga classes you can follow or create yourself right from your home. Yoga Class Plan offers 400 pose illustrations and access over 6000 shared class plans! Oh and they even have a free 14-day trial, so there is not risk in trying them out!
- Pull up or chin up bars are excellent for toning arms, abs, shoulders, and your back
- A fantastic upper-body work out for stamina and upper-body strength
- Very easy to install and will fit in most doorways
- Can support up to 300 pounds of weight
- Padded and foamed handles allow for maximum grip and will prevent slipping
- Good for losing calories, reducing belly fat
- Excellent for cardiovascular fitness and increasing muscle endurance
- Dumbbells are very versatile and are associated with several different exercise techniques
- Adjustable dumbbell has 10 different settings and a max weight of 55 pounds and can be easily switched to different weight ranges
- All-in-one design takes up little space; no need to purchase a weight rack
Tip: If you don’t already have a bench in your at-home gym, we highly recommend getting one as it will aid you in your workouts.
- Heavy duty synthetic leather allows for great durability and a long lifespan
- Punching bags make for simple yet effective exercise routines that improves aerobic fitness, coordination, core stability and reduces stress
- Can be used to develop boxing techniques as well as improve your stance or posture
- 40 pound weight makes it the perfect size for both in-home installation and frequent use
- Great for burning calories when both hands and feet are used during average-length sessions
- Indoor running is the best cardio workout for gyms
- Excellent for losing calories and keeping both the heart and lungs in great shape
- Foldable design makes it easy to store in the home
- A variety of speed modes ranging from 0.5mph to 7.5mph
- LCD setup comes with a USB port so you can plug in your music
- Cheap and simple tool that provides a very effective training activity
- Jump roping is great for improving stamina and is very good for the cardiovascular system
- Adjustable length extending up to nine feet
- Excellent training exercise for athletes that will improve their performance for almost any sport
No matter what your preferences or your fitness goals are, there is always a type of home gym equipment that will satisfy your needs. The best home gym doesn’t have to emulate the setup of a typical gym but merely has to have the few tools that you’ll use on a daily basis. Whether you want to lose weight, improve your general health, or tone up those muscles, these pieces of home workout equipment are guaranteed to deliver the results you are looking for, as long you put in the work to get it done.
We hope you enjoyed reading about different at-home gym equipment you should get for your at-home gym and if you’re looking for a few great workout routines, we have a great fat burning workout here! Check it out!
And if you’re into getting your protein before or after a workout, check out this article on all you need to know about protein powder!