We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Men with Kids may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Keeping your home secure and safe is one of the most important aspects of being a homeowner. Oftentimes, there’s little to worry about your home being at risk for potential theft. But it certainly does occur, and means it’s something you should always be wary of and prepared for. To do so, it’s best to invest in a home security service that can help keep your home protected. A service that everyone is likely familiar with, and is almost always at the top of the list in home security systems is, of course, ADT. So we thought it would be helpful to put together an ADT Home Security Review. Keep reading below!
What Does ADT Offer?
Long ago, ADT was simply a home defense system to alert you when a potential intrusion was occurring. And while that is still being done today, ADT certainly has more to offer for homeowners. A few of the products and services that ADT offers today are:
- Home Security Systems – Customers have the option to customize the home security service they are looking for. Some of the products included in this service are:
- ADT Command Panel: Control your alarm system all from one panel. You also have the ability to add on devices from this panel for additional control.
- Door and Window Alarms: Alarms that can be tripped by unwanted intruders. These alarms will alert both you and ADT.
- Security Key Fob: From your fob, you can easily disarm your security system/
- Motion Sensors: Sensors set around the home can trigger lights and cameras for tracking.
- Yard Signs and Window Decals: Display a message to any would-be intruders that your home is secured.
- 24/7 Alarm Monitoring: A team of home security professionals are always prepared to assist you.
- Home Security Cameras – You can easily watch over your home, right from your devices, with ADT home security cameras. These can be inserted both inside and outside your home, and even at your doorbell.
- Life Safety Alarms – Protect you and your family from all types of dangerous toxins and hazards. Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, flood sensors, and a panic button can all be installed in your home to help keep your home and your family protected and at ease.
- Smart Home Automation – Easily turn your home into a smart home with ADT installation. Smart locks, garage controllers, and smart plugs are all products that can make your home life easier.
What Are Their Services?
For this ADT Home Security Review, we wanted to cover all facets of ADT’s systems. And since one size typically doesn’t fit all for homeowners, you may need more or less. We thought it would be beneficial to lay out their service levels so you can decide on what you might need. All of their service levels do include these features though:
- 24/7 Professional Monitoring
- Professional Installation*
- Theft Protection Guarantee**
- 6-Month, Money-Back Guarantee†
Below are the service levels they feature:
The most basic service level from ADT, this may work best for homeowners with smaller needs, or renters. This service level comes with all of the necessities of home protection. Included are intrusion detection and fire, CO, and flood monitoring. Your home will have a touchscreen control panel installed, and has the ability to be voice-controlled. This basic service is a good start to protecting your home, and is the most simple.
This service level includes everything that you can find in the Secure Home Service Level. It also contains a remote access mobile app, and smart home automation. So if you’re looking to not only protect your home, but improve its livability, this might the service for you.
Of course, everything included in the Secure Home and Smart Home service level are here as well. With this service level, you’ll also receive video security and stored video clips. This service level is meant for any homeowner that wants full security of their home and surroundings. It is by far their best service level, and leaves nothing out for your home protection.
So How Much Does It Cost?
ADT service price varies based on the package you sign up with. Overall, they are quite affordable compared to competitors, especially for the services they are providing. But ADT suggests speaking with a specialist to understand which package and services are right for you, and to get a personalized cost. Requires 36-month monitoring contract. Landline req’d. Early term/ And installation fees apply. Taxes addt’l. New customers only.
There’s really no price tag for keeping your home protected. But when the top-of-the-line security system is this affordable, and accessible, it’s hard not to consider going with ADT. Automation services, theft protection, and the plethora of security services make ADT seem like a true bargain.
More Home Resources
When it comes to your house, safety and comfort are the number one things you need to feel at home. When you invest in ADT home security, you take control of your family’s surroundings. Having a home security unit can even help you feel more secure while traveling, as well when you’re staying at home.
So, what’re you waiting for? Sign up with ADT today!
a. *Nest Doorbell Professionally Installed Free: Requires 36-month monitoring contract starting at $56.99/mo. with QSP (24-month monitoring contract in California, total fees from $1,367.76), and enrollment in ADT EasyPay. Offer includes installation of one (1) Nest Doorbell with minimum purchase price of $599 after promotion is applied depending on geographic location. Maximum discount $229. Nest Doorbell includes wired or battery options. Google and Nest Doorbell are trademarks of Google LLC. Offer available for new ADT customers only. Limit one per customer, not combinable with other offers. Upon early termination by Customer, ADT may charge 75% of the monthly service charges due for the balance of the initial contract term. Quality Service Plan (QSP) is ADT’s Extended Limited Warranty. Service and installation charges vary depending on system configuration, equipment and services selected. Google and Nest Doorbell are trademarks of Google LLC. Some features, including mobile notifications, remote control, video streaming, and video recording, require working internet and Wi-Fi. Minimum OS requirements are available at g.co/home/req. iOS is a trademark of Cisco and is used under license.
**Theft Protection Guarantee: Customer may receive reimbursement of up to five hundred dollars ($500) of Customer’s homeowner’s insurance deductible (if any) if, and only if, ALL requirements for Theft Protection Guarantee are met to ADT’s reasonable satisfaction. Customer must request reimbursement within 60 days of property loss. Request must be mailed to ADT and include: Theft Protection Guarantee certificate signed by Customer, a letter from Customer requesting reimbursement, a copy of the police report, and a copy of the accepted insurance claim. ADT reserves the right to reject any application for reimbursement that does not comply with all of the requirements.
†ADT Money-Back Guarantee: Money back guarantee only applies after ADT has made attempts to resolve a system related issue and has not been able to resolve that issue within the first 6 months of your contract. Equipment must be fully removed before a refund will be processed. Conditions preventing normal system operation cannot be caused by the customer.