We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Men with Kids may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Winter is a time for warm coats, cold weather, and joyous spirits. Or, it’s a time to escape to sunny islands, warm beaches and a cocktail in hand. We don’t judge either way. Travel is something we all enjoy every once in a while!
The season has become an increasingly popular time to plan vacations around the holidays, as some destinations are at their cheapest during the season. Airlines, hotels and even some full travel packages can be found at a fraction of the cost depending on what you’re looking for.
So while you stress about the family turkey, decorating the Christmas tree, or getting the whole family together multiple times during this season, relax, and imagine yourself in one of these amazing destinations.
Some may argue that New York City is the home of the holidays and New Year countdowns. New York City is said to have a different charm during the wintertime, and there are plenty of activities to accompany you during your travel.
- Ice skate at the famous rink at Rockefeller Center under the most glorious Christmas tree in the US.
- Enjoy dazzling Christmas Markets from uptown to downtown.
- Take a walk down Fifth Avenue and see all the wonderful window displays.
- Ride and see the sights of New York City in a romantic carriage ride.
- Overlook New York City and all of its festive glory when sitting atop the Empire State Building.
2. Saint Lucia
For those looking for a little more sunshine during the harsher winter weathers, Saint Lucia is a great island spot you may have never heard of. With the weather in the mid-80s and open, clear skies, you’ll forget all about the hustle and bustle of back home.
- Enjoy the sands of Anse Chastanet and Rediut Beach.
- Wander the Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens and sight-see beautiful waterfalls.
- Get romantic with a coastal dinner at Marigot Bay.
- Find your sense of adventure and explore Sulphur Springs Park, the only drive-in volcano in the Carribean.
The weather can be a bit frightful in Quebec City, with highs averaging in the 10s and 20s, but what Quebec City offers in winter beauty easily makes up for the cold. Historic architecture and buildings are covered in Christmas and Holiday decor, which is sure to bring the holiday cheer to your soul.
- Shop at the German Christmas Market and spread the seasonal joy!
- Take a walk through the Petit Champlain District and experience Christmas like you never have before.
- Ice skate at Place d’Youville with no admission fees!
- Become one with the cold and book your stay at the iconic Ice Hotel, which is made entirely of snow and ice.
Hawaii may be the perfect getaway spot for any of those who need to escape the cold weather. With wonderous hiking paths and sandy beaches, the Big Island has plenty to do, see and enjoy while taking in the warmth.
- Experience the beauty of the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home to two Hawaiin volcanoes.
- Trek a low-intensity hike at Akaka Falls State Park and set your sights on two gorgeous waterfalls.
- Bathe in the sun at Kaunaoa Beach, with white sand beaches and clear blue waters.
- Make some new friends and swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Quest.
For those looking to play in the snow in warmer weathers, Lake Tahoe is a perfect happy medium. Between the border of California-Nevada, Lake Tahoe offers gorgeous, picturesque lakes and top-tier powder for the adrenaline junkies looking to ride the slopes.
- Grab your board or skis and hit Squaw Valley, one of the world’s finest ski resorts.
- Snowshoe across Emerald Bay and take in the beauty of the lakes.
- Find your inner-child and visit Tahoe City Winter Sports Park, which offers ice skating, fat biking and more.
- Ride the Heavenly Gondola and overlook the beauties of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- Venture into the Nevada side of Tahoe South and win it all at a collection of casinos such as Bally’s and the Hard Rock hotel.
So, whether you’re looking to run in the snow and wrap yourself in the holiday spirit, or relax on the beach and get away from the freezing cold, there are options this winter for every traveler.
Grab your skis, your swim trunks, your beanie or your sunglasses and go out and see the world!
We all know with travel, comes great photos? What to do with all those awesome vacation photos? Check out Minted, they can help you find a place for them!