Thanksgiving is the time of year to get together with our families and reflect on the things in our life that we hold dear. It’s the time of year when we try to remember that we shouldn’t take things for granted. But…it’s also Turkey Day! So while you’re feasting upon that delicious turkey, why not crack a few good-natured Thanksgiving jokes to lighten the mood?
There isn’t a soul on this planet who doesn’t enjoy a good chuckle. That’s why you should memorize a few of these family friendly Thanksgiving jokes to help put everyone in a good mood for traveling near and far to be together again. And besides, what’s a great family dinner without some good old jest? Here are 30 Turkey Day jokes to share at your family’s upcoming Thanksgiving dinner.
But first! We have a few great book suggestions HERE! If you find your kids enjoy learning and reading with you, but you are running out of ideas? Then we highly recommend giving Put Me In The Story a look! They have a variety of books for all ages and areas of interest! Okay, now on and enjoy the riddles!
1. Why did the police arrest the turkey?
Answer: They were suspecting fowl play.
2. Who never bothers to eat during Thanksgiving?
Answer: A turkey, because it is always stuffed.
3. Why did the young girl eat her homework?
Answer: She thought it was a piece of cake.
4. How does a cucumber turn into a pickle?
Answer: It has to go through a jarring experience.
5. Why did the turkey cross the road?
Answer: It wanted people to believe it was a chicken.
6. I was going to serve sweet potatoes for dinner this Thanksgiving but I accidentally sat on them. I think I’ll be serving squash instead.
7. If a Turkey is served on Thanksgiving, which holiday do you serve tofu turkey on?
8. What kind of face does a pilgrim make when he is in pain?
Answer: A pil-grimace.
9. What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
Answer: Pumpkin pi.
10. Where do you go if you want to learn how to make ice cream?
Answer: Sundae school.
11. What is the only letter of the alphabet that can be found in a cup?
12. Where is the best place to shop for light sabers?
Answer: The Darth Mall.
13. What’s the difference between Thanksgiving and Election day?
Answer: On Thanksgiving you get a turkey for one day, but on Election day you get a Turkey for four years.
14. What clothes should you wear on Thanksgiving?
Answer: A Har-vest.
15. What do a turkey, a monkey and a donkey have in common?
Answer: Despite all of them having keys they still don’t know how to open doors.
16. Where do pencils go to on their vacation?
17. What kind of tree fits inside of your hand?
Answer: A palm tree.
18. How much money do dead batteries cost?
Answer: Nothing, they are all free of charge.
19. Why did it take such a long time for pirates to memorize the Alphabet?
Answer: They got stuck at C.
20. How come the turkey didn’t cook properly on Thanksgiving?
Answer: I’m not sure but I suspect some fowl play.
21. What smells the best at dinner on Thanksgiving day?
Answer: The family dog’s nose.
22. What does a pilgrim dress up as on Halloween?
Answer: As the Pil-Grim Reaper.
23. My family told me to stop telling corny Thanksgiving jokes but I told them I just can’t quit “cold turkey”.
24. How do you tell the difference between a male turkey and a female turkey?
Answer: The male is the one always holding the TV remote.
25. What can you never eat during Thanksgiving dinner?
Answer: Thanksgiving breakfast, or lunch.
26. How come koala bears aren’t considered real bears?
Answer: They did not meet the koalafications.
27. I told my friend 10 jokes to try to get him to laugh. Unfortunately, not pun in 10 did.
28. I waited and stayed up all night to figure out where the sun had gone. Then it dawned on me.
29. Two gold fish are inside a tank. One of them turns to the other and says “You know how to drive this thing?!”
30. What do you call the evil ghost of a turkey?
Answer: A Poultry-geist.
Thanksgiving only comes once a year which means that you don’t have many other opportunities to tell jokes about turkeys. Let’s all take advantage of that this year and spread some humor with these 30 Thanksgiving jokes that are great for the whole family. We hope you enjoyed reading them as much as your family will enjoy hearing them while enjoying a stuffing yet relaxing turkey dinner.
Now that the jokes have come to an end, you may want to take a look at these awesome activities for all ages. It’s one of our favorite ways to stay busy while learning something new! Check out KiwiCo here!