We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Men with Kids may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
They say that truth is stranger than fiction, and we have the evidence to prove it. Have you ever read a weird fact that was so unbelievable that you doubted what you were reading? Do you enjoy educating yourself with mind-blowing yet interesting truths about the world?
Below are 20 of some of the most random facts we’ve ever come across.
Some of them are so undeniably absurd that we still have trouble processing them. If you have ever been curious about what the most absolutely mind boggling, strange facts are then you won’t be disappointed.
- The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the book that is most often stolen from public libraries. Ironic, isn’t it?
- Your nose is always in view. Technically you are always looking at your nose, but your brain just chooses to ignore it. Otherwise life would be pretty annoying.
- Over 3% of all beverages consumed on earth are Coca-Cola brand products.
On a side note: Looking for something fun to do? Check out Hunt A Killer a fun murder mystery game, Hunt a Killer! Use your detective skills to solve the fastest growing murder mystery subscription box. Enlist others to help you, or solve the case yourself!
Oh and use PROMO CODE: AWESOMEREADER at checkout for 20% OFF your Hunt A Killer Box!
- New York Fries is a very popular poutine fast food chain found all over Canada. Ironically, the New York Fries chain does not exist in New York, or anywhere in the United States.
- Honey is the only type of food that does not rot. As a matter of fact, a jar of honey will remain completely edible to humans for over 3000 years.
- The mathematical probability of you being born is estimated to be about 1 in 400 trillion.
- If the Moon is directly overhead, you will weigh slightly less due to the orientation and gravity.
- When you sneeze, the particles ejected out of your nostrils are traveling at 100 miles per hour. This is faster than the maximum run speed of a cheetah which is roughly 70-75 miles per hour.
- Valentina Vassileva was a Russian woman famous for giving birth to 69 children. From 1725 to 1765 she had 27 labors, giving birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets.
- Rats procreate so quickly that within a year and a half, two rats could have over 1 million descendants.
- The average four year old child will ask over three hundred questions a day.
- The total weight of every single ant on Earth exceeds the total weight of every human on the planet.
- The average adult contains 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (or 7 octillion) atoms. This greatly exceeds the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy: 300,000,000,000 (or 3 hundred billion).
- The reason why everyone complains about the quality of airplane food is because your sense of taste and smell decreases up to 50% during high altitude flights.
- Winning the lottery is so unlikely that there is a higher chance of you being elected President of the United States.
- There is more bacteria inside a human body than there are humans on Earth. On average, these microorganisms make up 2% of your total body mass.
- Dr. Seuss wrote the famous children’s tale “Green Eggs and Ham” in order to win a bet against his publisher. The bet was that Seuss would not be able to write an entire book using only 50 words.
- There are more possible iterations of a Chess match than there are atoms in the known universe.
- Because so many people on the planet live near the equator, two thirds of the Earth’s population have never seen snow in person.
- Because daily activities like walking compresses the cartilage in your knees, you are 1% shorter in the evening than in the morning.
And there you have it – our world is a lot more interesting than we sometimes think! These fun yet strange facts are a great way to educate yourself on the mysteries of the world.
Throughout history, there were countless bizarre events and facts that were all commonplace back in time. Life can be pretty bizarre sometimes but that’s part of what makes it so interesting and special. There may be a lot of weird facts out there but they always have something neat to tell us about how the world really works.